Variogram Legend

Here you can report the problems encountered when using a function relative to the variography:
- experimental variography (vario.calc, vario.grid, vmap.calc, ...)
- model fitting (model.auto)

Variogram Legend

Postby Jeffrey Yarus » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:04 am

I am unable to figure out how to resize the legend in both the experimental variogram plot and the modeled variogram plot. The "cex" argument only seems to impact the size of the characters (numbers) when I ask to plot the number of pairs (for example). It does not change the size of the legend. However, in db.plot, the cex argument does change the size of the legend. What is the syntax for modifying the size of the legend when plotting the variogram (for both the experimental and the model)? Thank you!
Jeffrey Yarus

Re: Variogram Legend

Postby Jeffrey Yarus » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:42 pm

It would be really great to get an answer to this!
Jeffrey Yarus

Re: Variogram Legend

Postby Fabien Ors » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:08 am

Dear Jeffrey
You found a bug in the variogram plotting procedure. Yes, 'cex' should behave like your description.
Fixing this bug will need to deliver a new release of RGeostats. I'm afraid it won't be in the near future.
As a workaround, I suggest you to hide the variogram legend (using pos.legend=0 in plot(vario) ) and plot the legend by hand using :
Code: Select all
legend.vario(vario,ndir=1,flag.point=TRUE,flag.line=TRUE,position=legend.locate(1),cex=3)

Here, you will be able to resize the legend text using 'cex'.
Best regards
Fabien Ors
Administrateur du site

Return to Variography