[SOLVED] How to display progress of simulations?

If you have problems using RGeostats package or if you simply need some help on an unlisted subject.

[SOLVED] How to display progress of simulations?

Postby markm0705 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:14 am

I'm using simtub to prepare some unconditional simulations - I'm wondering if there is a way to show the progress (number of realisation completed) in the R console?
Last edited by markm0705 on Tue May 28, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
markm0705

Re: How to display progress of simulations?

Postby Didier Renard » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 am

Hello
I rephrase your question in a more general framework: how can we trace a time-consuming process ?

In fact a mechanism is available which displays a progress rate in all computing phases. This is not obtained as a graphic progress bar, but as a simple printout on the message console. The user can even check if the display should be performed for every 1%, 10% or 25%.
This is obtained by switching ON an option of the environment, by typing:

Code: Select all
constant.define("nproc",10)

The argument "10" tells the system to display the print the progress bar every time another decile of the total time has been processed.

Note that the progress bar gives a percentage of the total time; it does not reflect which simulation has been processed (in fact the simulations ARE NOT processed one after the other).

Final remark: in order to know all the environment variables, you can use the command:

Code: Select all
environ.print()

Hope this will help.
Didier Renard

Re: How to display progress of simulations?

Postby markm0705 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:32 am

Didier

Thank you - this is what I was hoping was available - your detailed explanation also very helpful

Regards
markm0705

Return to Other Troubleshooting