Trouble creating grid

If you have problems using RGeostats package or if you simply need some help on an unlisted subject.

Trouble creating grid

Postby mxb898 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:59 am

Hello! My name is Mariana Blanco, and I'm a third year college student working on my first geostats project. I recently came across an issue when trying to create a grid for my kriged map. I am attaching a picture of the problem below. I believe the issue lies in line 401 (dcell), however, I don't know why this is happening. I've tried playing around with the values, but I still get the same error.
I would appreciate any help, thank you so much!!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.58.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.58.48 PM.png (185.19 KiB) Viewed 9946 times
mxb898

Re: Trouble creating grid

Postby Didier Renard » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:39 pm

Hello
I am a bit lost in your question.

When I see your call to db.grid.init(), I can simply see that there is an argument 'x0' which is not in the prototype of the function. At best, this argument will be ignored. Notice that there is no statement that this argument is meaningless. The reason is that db.grid.init contains a "..." argument: this is used to pass arguments to internal functions without having to specify them. In the case of db.grid.init(), these unnamed arguments are passed to db.polygon) function called internally.

Having said so, I do not understand the traceback that you added to your post. First I could not reproduce it... but I am not sure of the values assigned to the arguments. Due a specific setup of your R package, it may happen that the useless argument (i.e. 'x0') is conflicting with an internal variable also named 'x0'. So, may be, if you suppress this spurious argument, everything get back to correct situation.

If not, let me know. Thanks
Didier Renard

Return to Other Troubleshooting