Post Processing

If you have problems using RGeostats package or if you simply need some help on an unlisted subject.

Post Processing

Postby Jeffrey Yarus » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:12 pm

I have been working with post processing code that Didier sent me and have some difficulty with it.  The "fun = quant" does not seem to be working.  I noticed in your RMD, you spelled "QUANT" (all caps), but the documentation specifies, "quant" (all lower case).  I changed it to lowercase, and it does seem to recognize it, but does not produce an image (NOTE, I am using ver 13.0.1).  The same is true for the PDF (attached).  
Any suggestions?  
Attachments
Didier_PostProcessing.pdf
Note post processing where fun = "quant"
(302.37 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Jeffrey Yarus

Re: Post Processing

Postby Didier Renard » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:50 am

This comes from the upgrade that we are currently performing in order to keep the old package RGeostats compliant with the new gstlearn library.
This requires some modifications. This is the case in particular for the keywords for db.stat.simu() function.
In the new library, this corresponds to a keyword coming from an ENUM structure (list of pre-defined keywords). This list show all names in uppercase.

The user of gstlearn refers to it as:
EStatOption::QUANT

For RGeostats, I used a string keyword instead... hoping that this string would match the trailing part of the above ENUM definition. This is the reson why this string keyword should be provided in uppercase. This will be the feature for the future of RGeostats until it is abandoned in favor of R-gstlearn.
In the mean time, I will certainly have to upgrade the documentation of RGeostats in order to suggest using uppercases.
Didier Renard

Return to Other Troubleshooting